2020 WNY Advising Conference Call for Proposals
Deadline Extended to January 6, 2020
The WNY Advising Conference welcomes presentations and workshops on topics that foster the development of quality professionals within the fields of academic advisement, student affairs, and higher education. Interactive presentations that provide practical application are encouraged.
Contacts or Questions:
- Length: 50-60 Minutes Including questions & discussion.
- Registration Requirement: WNY Advising is unable to offer complimentary registration, meals or lodging for presenters. If accepted to present, you will need to register for the conference.
- Archive: We ask presenters to send us a copy of their presentations / handouts to the conference archive (Posted as links or pdfs) They can be updated should you adjust things at the last minute.
- Use the Mic and repeat audience questions: This accessible practice helps attendees in the back of the room or who may be hearing impaired. Stating, "I don't need the microphone right?" is not an accessible practice.
- Video/Media: If you plan to show video/media, be sure to:
- Download a backup file in case of technical difficulties with Wi-Fi
- Select videos with captions (available on many YouTube videos), or provide video transcript handouts.
- Please be sure your abstract matches what you will cover. It helps with audience expectations & evaluations.